Who does not like Hummus here uh?
Exactly, no one.
As you may have figure out, I love to experiment with new different flavours every time I cook something. So I decided to share this super easy recipe for a delightful hummus that will be a win at your next picnic, dinner party ( perfect for an entre’), or just as a snack to grab to work.
First of all, take 1 big Beetroot and roast it in the oven for about 40-50 min in cubes, with a drizzle of olive oil and rosemary.
One it’s cooled down, in a food processor:
– 1 Can of chickpeas (better not to buy cans, so if you soak your chickpeas, around 2 cups)
– Roasted Beet, you can leave some of the rosemary
– 1 *abundant* TBSP of tahini
– half lemon juice
– Himalayan salt & Pepper (to taste, but always more pepper than salt)
– 3 TBSP of olive oil, just can’t get enough
– 1 TBSP of toasted pepitas (also called pumpkin seeds/kernels, they are magic! buy them, then chuck them in a pan on medium with nothing for 20 mins stirring continuously. Trust me, Game changer! great for salad toppings too.)
Mix all in a food processor and you can add some boiling water to make it more fluffy if you like. Also, add more olive oil if it’s too dense. I like mine pretty dense, feels more filling and every time I made it was always a win 🙂
Awesome as a dip, with Turkish bread, carrots or celery sticks, or just crackers!