What do I do when it’s that time of the month? No no, not the girly one, the one when..
I GO AND BUY ALL MY FOOD FROM THE BULK STORE!
well, before then I empty all my jars and makeup something DELISHHHH!
So I have made these Upside-down Mini Apple cakes, so easy and quick and SUPER YUM!
Vegan and Gluten-free!
Wanna see how? real easy, have a look at how simple the ingredients and the steps are!
1/4 cup almond milk
3 small apples – about 4 or 5 cm large, Gala are my fav
1/3 cup olive oil
2 TBSP brown rice malt
1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
1 cup oats
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp baking soda
2 flax- eggs
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
Cinnamon to taste
- Mix the dry ingredients together, flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and sunflower seeds.
2. Then mix all the wet ingredients together, flax eggs, brown rice malt, olive oil and almond milk. I added a little more cinnamon here too.
3. Afterwards, mix the two batters together, I used a whisk to help me and make sure the dough is nice and compact.
4. Once the dough mix is done, cut the apples! I prefer gala as they are relatively small. Cut them horizontally so you can layer one thin slice at the bottom of the muffin tray.
5. When you put the apples in the muffin tray, add a little touch of brown rice malt before you pour the dough in.
6. You need to layer in this way from the bottom: round apple slice, rice malt, dough and if you want some apple chunks, add them on!
7. Cook at 180 for 30 mins.
When the kitchen starts to smell of apples, you are ready! To check if they are all cooked, just slide a knife and if comes out dry, you’re good to go.
Have with peanut butter, grass-fed butter, maple syrup or on their own as a snack!
Loved adding the sunflower seeds, they add a great crunchiness, good move Maddy.
You can do so much with so little ingredients 🙂