After a friend gave me her Dukkah to finish, I used it so much I realised that it’s so easy to make so instead of buying a new box, so I just made my own!
Dukkah is the perfect dressing for fish, salads, soups or just on a slice of wholemeal bread with ghee or olive oil!
The perfect combination of spices that add an extra amazing twist to your meal and make it easier to digest.
First, all you need is:
🧡Pepitas – lightly toasted
🧡Sunflower seeds – lightly toasted
🧡Sesame seeds – lightly toasted
🧡Himalayan pink salt
🧡Freshly grounded black pepper
Quantities in photo:
- disclaimer: I added too much salt in this batch, I think that 1 teaspoon of salt is enough 😉
👉🏻light toast the seeds mentioned above until they get a golden-ish
👉🏻toast together cumin and seeds
👉🏻toast coriander seeds until they pop
👉🏻chop pepitas sunflowers seeds
👉🏻MIX together in a bowl and store in an air tight container
Your homemade Dukkah is all done ready to be mixed!
Or, you can also add walnuts or almonds or any nut of your choice and see how it beautifully spices up your food 🙂
Some ideas could be:
– on toast with ghee
– on grilled fish
– on your dips as a final touch
– on your salads
– on your olive oil for a “Pinzimonio” with raw veggies
– on your roasted or sauteed veggies
– on your earthy soup
– or you can use it as a coating when grilling meat or simply tempeh or tofu
The possibilities are Endless!
❤️🧡💛 Enjoy 💛🧡❤️
Follow me on IG @SalusVera !